|A whole new world of discovery in Adventure Flying awaits those with Private Pilot Licences from Lake Country Airways. With a PPL you achieve the freedom to fly internationally-for business or pleasure while bringing family and friends along for the experience. Our highly qualified flight instructors will work with you to tailor a flight training program that suits your needs. Soon, you will have what it takes to reach the remote regions of the great Canadian wilderness safely and with confidence. Take your adventure to new heights with a PPL and float endorsement from Lake Country Airways.
Lake Country Airways offers adventure-oriented flight instruction from pavement, grass, and water at one convenient location. We specialize in float flying. All PPL flight training can be completed on wheels or floats.
- Fly Canadian certified single-engine aircraft
- Fly internationally
- Fly in daylight under Visual Flight Rules (VFR)
- No passenger limit--restricted only to size of aircraft endorsed on your licence
- Have the option of expanding privileges with endorsements for float planes, heavier aircraft, night flying, instrument flying, multi-engine flying, and VFR-Over-the Top.
- Having a PPL is a prerequisite to earning a Commercial Pilot Licence*
- 17 years of age to obtain a PPL, but training and solo flights can begin at age 14
- Category III Medical Certification is required and can be obtained through a Civil Aviation Medical Examiner
- 30 hours DUAL flight training minimum
- 15 hours SOLO flight training minimum
- 40 hours of Ground School held in classroom facilities at Lake Country Airways. Topics covered include Canadian Aviation Regulations; Aerodynamics and Theory of Flight: Meteorology; Airframes, Engines and Systems; Flight Instruments; Radio and Electronic Theory; Navigation; Flight Operations; Licensing Requirements; and Human Factors, including pilot decision-making, etc.
- Successful completion (60% or higher) of the Transport Canada Private Pilot Written Exam-administered at any of the Transport Canada Examination Centres. This Private Pilot Test requires proven knowledge in four areas: Air Law, Navigation, Meteorology, and General Aeronautics.
- Successful completion of Private Pilot Flight Test through Transport Canada administered on site by approved examiner
C-172 on wheels is $155/hr solo
C-172 on floats is $215/hr solo
Add Pilot/Instructor - $65
Contact Us for more details.
Minimum pay-as-you-go cost plus applicable taxes
You do not have to complete the ground school before beginning flight training. Most students exceed Transport Canada minimum times. The actual cost of each student will vary with individual progress. Transport Canada fees and Medical fees are extra.
* We are not a private career college and do not provide vocational training.